What is the reason for the increasing popularity of electric scooters? In recent years, electric motor and battery technology has advanced greatly. Today’s LEVs (light electric vehicles) have clear advantages over fossil fuel-powered vehicles in the areas of performance, ease of use and operating costs.
“green in” … A lot of people are becoming green these days. You can say that now it has become very fashionable and stylish to travel in these “green” modes of transport.
Pollution free … Because electric vehicles are battery powered and do not burn fossil fuels as their primary propulsion system, they provide the opportunity to reduce personal environmental impact and improve local air quality.
calm … There is nothing better than cruising through the streets and the only thing you can hear is the wind blowing through the air. The electric motors are quiet and give you a completely different feeling when riding. Many personal gas-powered vehicles are louder than lawn mowers. Quiet electric cars seem to glide on the road with ease and are welcomed in most communities.
Whatever your reason for choosing to buy an electric scooter, I have compiled a list that you may find helpful in narrowing down your choices. In no particular order, the top 10 best electric scooters are:
- Maxi Victorix scooter VECTRIX is an acronym for: Vehicle, Electronic, Passenger, Transformation, Revolution, Innovation, X Factor, and it was started by a number of engineers. The big news here is the nickel-metal hydride battery, because with any electric car, it’s only as good as the battery inside. The V1 model ($11,000) is currently available in a two-wheeler trim as opposed to the three-wheeled V3 model (which won’t be available until later this year and will retail for $15,000). The V3 has two front-mounted wheels for improved handling and stability. Advanced design advances for the sharp and striking Vectrix include a highly efficient gearbox and powertrain, an aluminum body to reduce weight and a streamlined design to reduce drag. The low center of gravity, rigid frame and even weight distribution provide superior handling. The Vectrix is virtually silent and highly efficient—a patented regenerative braking system redirects energy back into the Vectrix battery pack, helping to extend its range by up to 12 percent. For urban commuting consumers, the Vectrix is convenient and cost-effective. The driver can stop and go with one hand simply by twisting the throttle back to accelerate and forward to slow down smoothly and safely. Swift acceleration and handling make it easy and safe to get in and out of traffic. Plus, an onboard charger plugs into any standard 110/220 volt electrical outlet to charge the battery pack in just two hours. Vectrix Maxi-Scooter features include: – Go from 0 to 50 mph in 6.8 seconds – Top speed 62 mph – 70 miles range on a single charge We feel that the Vectrix electric scooter is the wave of the future and will revolutionize the electric scooter industry. The Vectrix was named one of MSN’s Best Bikes of 2007. Designed with looks in mind, the Vectrix is responsive, good-looking, reliable, and fun to ride.
- Go-Ped ESR 750 The Go-Ped ESR family consists of the following models: ESR 750, ESR 750EX, and ESR 750H. the Go-Ped ESR750 It is simply in a class of its own and no scooter on the market comes close to its build quality, strength, performance and stylish design. Its durability, reliability and flawless performance without compromising on any detail make it one of the best electric scooters out there. Not to mention that it is an environmentally friendly alternative mode of transportation as well. The ESR750 is the most advanced, reliable and versatile electric scooter on the market today. the Go-Ped ESR750 EX Equipped with larger lead-acid batteries, which provide over 50% more range and duration than the stock ESR750 standard. The ESR750EX will give users an impressive range of over 12 miles in Eco mode – a top speed of 12 mph – and up to 8 miles of range in Turbo mode, allowing users to reach a top speed of 20 mph. It is ideal for electric enthusiasts and motorcyclists looking for an electric scooter with an excellent range. In addition to its unparalleled power, reliability and performance, it is compact and easy to carry. the Go-Ped ESR750H Hoverboard The electric scooter is based on the highly regarded and award-winning GoPed ESR750EX, but incorporates the amazing Dynamic Independent Non-Linkage (CIDLI) suspension featured on highly successful off-road products such as the Trail Ripper and Riot mini Motorcycle. This two-wheeled sensation will quietly, efficiently, and effortlessly move passengers up to 400 pounds off the ground with the feeling as if they are magically levitating on a cloud. The ESR750H Hoverboard provides 2.7 inches of suspension travel up front and 3.5 inches of suspension travel in the rear. This hover system is adjustable from “plush to firm” to accommodate and suit all rider preferences.
- HCF 737 Bakelite The HCF 737 Pacelite Electric Scooter is a long life and well built scooter. This is one of the few electric scooters that runs fast from a complete stop, then can take on hills without hesitation. The HCF 737 Pacelite is a great commuter scooter, which folds up for easy storage and transport. Because of its speed, power, weight, and reliability, both novice and experienced riders can appreciate its performance. It’s a very light scooter–only 59 lbs with battery, and will easily fit in the trunk of your car. Traveling at a maximum speed of 15 mph, the HCF 737 electric scooter will cover distances of up to 12 miles on a charge. Adjustable handlebars allow you to customize your ride for maximum comfort. And the removable seat and foldable frame allow you to take this electric scooter practically anywhere you want. This is one of the few electric scooters that offers full front and rear suspension for a smooth ride no matter the terrain.
- Zapino electric scooter ZAP stands for: Zero Air Pollution and they recently introduced their new Zapino electric scooter. Not only economical and environmentally friendly, the Zapino is powerful with an advanced 3000W DC hub motor, making it ideal for commuting around town. Able to reach speeds of up to 30 miles per hour, Zapino will be able to keep up with city traffic without contributing to city pollution. The Zapino’s rear wheel hub motor provides more onboard space for additional batteries and performance. This innovative drive system eliminates the need for belts or chains which reduces overall maintenance. It also makes for a more enjoyable drive because it’s practically silent. It accelerates smoothly without shifting and has no engine vibration – just clean, eco-friendly fun. There is an optional upgrade, with lithium batteries, that will boost range to a very respectable 65 miles from the 30 miles that come from standard batteries.
- Forcen Hammer The Forsen Hummer is the world’s first compact scooter that offers room for two riders. These scooters are made for teens and older adults who want reliable short to mid-range transportation that isn’t limited to hills. The Forsen scooter is street legal and meets US DOT guidelines (headlight, brake light, and turn signals). The Forsen Hummer is a heavy duty electric scooter capable of traveling at 28-33 mph with a range of 25 miles for 175 lbs. racer. With a 1000-watt motor with a 100-amp controller, this scooter can really handle two riders (350 lbs total weight) with no problem. A range of 25 miles comes via a 24V/40Ah battery source which is 3-4 times greater than most scooters. Easily handles most off-road conditions. Features include full suspension, front disc brakes, roll-resistant tires, and a fast battery charger (4 hours or less).
- eGo Cycle 2 LX The eGO LX is designed for everyday commuters and mission commuters who drive in moderate to heavy traffic. The LX is fully equipped to record in any situation and offers the same range and speed as the eGO Classic. In GO FAST mode, the top speed is 24 mph, which is electronically limited. From zero to 20 mph in less than 4 seconds. In “GO FAR” mode, the top speed is 17 mph, and acceleration is smooth and simple. With a single battery pack, the range is 20-25 miles in “GO FAR” mode and 15-20 miles in “GO FAST” mode. The eGO course climbs hills with ease. It will climb a 15% grade at 18 mph with a 170-pound rider. The heart and soul of the eGO is a powerful DC motor designed specifically for the eGO cycle. It’s powerful enough to pull heavy riders up big hills. The eGO Course 2’s smooth ride is the result of a custom dual front suspension fork. The eGO Cycle LX uses a quiet belt transmission that requires no lubrication and is virtually silent.
- Motorino XPi The Motorino XPi is the next generation bike/scooter model. Built on a motorcycle frame, it has 3.5 inch wide motorcycle wheels which makes it very stable in any weather condition. With the pedals in place, it is classified as a bicycle and does not require a license or registration. If you take the pedals off the scooter, it becomes an LSM (low speed motorcycle) and needs to be licensed and insured. Its motor is uniquely designed with extremely rare earth magnets at startup. The regenerative brakes also put more energy back into the battery when braking, and the hydraulic front suspension absorbs any vibrations and makes for a very smooth and comfortable ride.
- Nomo Cruiser LX Designed for electric enthusiasts and commuters, the Cruiser LX Electric Scooter It is a new generation of personal electric vehicles. The Numo Cruiser answers the mistakes of today’s electric scooters and sets new standards for scooter performance. Most electric scooters today have two serious drawbacks: short range and poor climbing ability. The Cruiser LX has a maximum range of 30 miles, and the ECM enables the Cruiser LX to climb hills 20% faster! The Cruiser LX features an adjustable rear suspension. You can adjust the firmness to suit your comfort level.
- iZIP Fusion NuVinci CVP Software The iZIP Fusion NuVinci CVP Drive electric scooter offers a completely unique riding experience by incorporating cutting-edge CVP (Continuously Variable) technology. The IZIP Fusion NuVinci utilizes both the patented Currie Electro-Drive system and NuVinci CVP, harnessing the benefits of both technologies by creating an automatic multi-gear drive system that enhances performance, range and the ability to tackle higher hills and weights without stalling. The motor is of high quality finned neodymium alloy magnetic motor which generates 1000 watts of power. The Fusion NuVinci has a maximum range of 25 miles. It features three 15Ah valve regulated rechargeable batteries, exceptional deep discharge recovery rechargeable batteries at a maximum speed of 15mph.
- EVT America Z-20 The EVT Z-20 scooter is powered by a 60V 2500W brushless hub motor that can propel you at up to 45 mph for between 40 and 50 miles. The result is an absolutely impressive performance. The ECM regulates and efficiently manages the electrical power fed to the engine based on the performance needs and requirements of the driver. It regulates the speed and torque of the motor while monitoring its performance. The Z-20 is the perfect transport vehicle that you must own. Features include: 10-inch (rim) wheels and 3.5-inch-wide tires for traction and stability, front and rear disc brakes, and dual front and rear shock absorbers.